[nanomsg] Re: Separating the library from the docs

  • From: Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg <nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 16:36:48 +0200

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There are two possible solutions:
>
> 1. Ignore it. People should install the doc toolchain if they want to use
> docs while offline.
> 2. Package the generated docs in the source package.
>
> I was trying to come up with a way to do 2.) cleanly, but I guess we'll just
> proceed with 1.) for now.

Seems to me like 2.) is the accepted solution, many projects do this
IME. The difference in the build system can be between the default
make target and a dist target (which usually depends on a separate doc
target). I think putting the docs in a separate repo/branch would be a
step back.

Cheers,

Dirkjan