[nanomsg] Re: Separating the library from the docs

  • From: Schmurfy <schmurfy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 11:13:33 +0200

The only experience I have on this is from all the projects I used/watched
over the years and whenever the docs and the code and separated they
quickly tend to get out of sync, one of the recent example of this is
having the sources on github with the docs in the project wiki.
The situation here is different but I don't think having two separate
repos/branches for the docs and the code will simplify anything, I tend to
think it will make things more complex for everyone involved.

Having an option to not build the doc is enough for me, requiring the docs
tools to build the source is indeed evil and stupid (and yet some project
do this...).