[nama] Re: remove_track fixed

  • From: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 23:30:11 -1000

Hi Julien,

remove_track is now mostly okay:

nama (piano) > remove_track  # removes piano after asking
nama (piano) > remove_track quiet # removes quietly
nama (vocal) > remove_track piano # TODO

The non-existing chain error I've encountered, but
not recently.

>   and aboe that there are four tracks displayed again the las track
> being monitor_rec_file wth "off rec". Also underneath the show
> statement I get the info, that the engine must have been
> reconfigured.

I turned on the 'hide' attribute of the something_rec_file
tracks, so you won't see them except with the 'sha' command

(I understand that it's better if we can avoid unnecessarily
triggering engine reconfigure cycles. )

>  Once I've imported a file, the fourth track disappears.

Importing worked fine for me, except that it copied
the file, when I think linking would be sufficient.

> Still first time after
> adding a track or changing something and then typing show, I first
> get the notice about the configuration change and of course the show
> display above that moves up the screen.

I know that sometimes that output emitted before an
engine reconfigure is hard to see due to the
scrolling up caused by the new track listing.

> when a track is
> mon or if we are in doodle-mode, then the rec_file chain isn't
> shown.

> It seems to be a hidden track problem.

I'm leaning towards keeping them hidden.  A cosmetic
inconvenience with retaining the temporary tracks for longer
is that new track numbers increment in steps of two.

Let me know. Also if anyone feels up to it, please
try out the 'dev' branch. If the effects stuff
is working okay, I'd like to merge it into master.

Regards,

Joel

--
Joel Roth