[nama] Re: Playing with git

  • From: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 15:02:46 -1000

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 05:12:32PM -0500, S. Massy wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 08:26:05AM +0100, Julien Claassen wrote:
> >   I suppose I wouldn't branch [off] for the different modes, since that
> > might lead to problems: If I add an effect in doodle mode and then
> > in normal recording mode, I want to go back? Where do I end up?
> That would definitely be a problem. I'm not sure how/if this could be
> handled with branches and merging...

Massy is right about this recurring theme of "avoiding churn".

Right now the only mode setting that is stored is
$mode->{loop_enable}.

So doodle/preview won't be a problem.

I can avoid REC/MON status differences
by converting the status of any file-writing track
to MON before saving. (I suppose I'll save the list of
those tracks so the "rerecord" command will
work as expected after reloading the project.)

Merging problems will also come because some
controllers (as for fades) get re-applied each setup,
with different names.

I could probably delete those dynamically generated
controllers from the state data before saving.

Sorry it's all very boring. :-) Thanks!

--
Joel Roth