[mveg-9] Binary Ready-to-Run MPEG-1/2 Encoder

  • From: James Klicman <james@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mveg-9@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 15:47:45 -0700

Hi again,

The first thing I'd like to discuss with everyone is the current hesitation
to release binary ready-to-run MPEG-1/2 encoders. I believe Major mentioned
it in his release notes relative to MJPEG tools.

Does anyone have an example of a free binary encoder being attacked? I'm
not sure that MPEG-2 encoding will be freely and widely available on the
Mac platform until someone releases ready-to-run software.

Since Mac OS X has freely available development tools, one option is
to create preconfigured package which compiles with as little effort as
clicking an icon.

-James