[muscle] Re: VS: Re: daemon

  • From: "Matt Emson" <memsom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 17:45:34 +0100

No, the problem is probably this: If you compile the muscled as a command
line (console) app, most windows compilers will make it so that you will
then open a command prompt when it is run. What needs to happen is that the
code should be compiled as a windows GUI app and an option to open the
console should be added to the command line...

The wincon.h header has the following routine:

BOOL AllocConsole(VOID)

which is part of  kernel32.dll.

What also needs to be taken into account is that the standard I/O has to go
somewhere, otherwise the muscled might die when any output to the console
happens when one does not exist.

Matt