[muscle] Re: VS: Re: daemon

  • From: Jeremy Friesner <jaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muscle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 12:12:37 -0700

On Thursday 05 May 2005 10:21, Mika Lindqvist wrote:
> In my machine it doesn't return to shell when I run muscled...

Right you are -- I see that that is the case on my Windows machine also.  I
imagine it is because muscled is compiled as a DOS program instead of a
Windows program?  If that is the case, then it might be possible to change
this behaviour by changing the compiler settings so that muscled is compiled
as a Windows program (albeit one that never actually opens any Windows).

OTOH, if anyone knows how to make muscle's BecomeDaemonProcess() and/or
SpawnDaemonProcess() functions work as documented under Windows, I would be
happy to include that code for the next release!

-Jeremy