[muglo] Re: mysteriously shrinking photos

  • From: Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxx>
  • To: "muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 22:23:54 -0400

The photos are all on the iMac’s hard drive, and the whole drive is backed up
through Time Machine to a two-terabyte secondary drive. No photos are stored on
a cloud service? I suppose it’s conceivable that the Time Machine transfer
might somehow do this, randomly, to some photos and not others as they’re added
to the backup disk, but I’m at a loss to see how the originals still on the
iMac are being shrunk.

On Sep 4, 2015, at 6:34 PM, doug <dougsamu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Are you using a cloud drive service? macs iCloud and Google Photos will down=
size -to optimize for device display- photos. No?

samu press store _ cartoon life blog _ samu press blog _ @dougsamu

On Sep 4, 2015, at 6:06 PM, Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Some of my photos are getting downsampled in the hard drive.