[muglo] Re: iphone camera apps

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:01:20 -0500

Actually, there's an app for that..."Free Zoom" adds zoom to the
standard iPhone camera. There are a lot of apps that add one or two
features. I already have a separate camera, but I don't want to carry
something extra, fuss with batteries, etc. I just want to record
memories and share them with friends and family easily.
10 megapixel shots are great, but what do you do with them? Email them
one at a time? Burn them to DVD, 100 to a disc? Print them and let
them collect dust in an album? I liken it to buying a $5, 000 stereo
amplifier and then hooking it up to $50 speakers.

I agree with Joe: I've taken a fair number of shots with the iPhone
and I'm impressed.

On Nov 10, 2009, at 2:47 PM, joseph nolan wrote:

> Harold,
>    I tend to disagree with you as far as cell phones being toys. All
> I used in Paris last summer was my I-phone and it rivaled any point
> and shoot out there. Of course, if you are looking for something with
> a zoom, then you might want to shop at any of the stores in town to
> buy a small Canon. There is quite a bit of competition in the 100-150
> price range.
> Best wishes,
> Joe Nolan

Wayne Dobson