[muglo] Re: hispeed

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 15:51:10 -0400

>Yes Paul, most charge $30 to $35 a month. Modems cost from $75 to $100.
>No extra charges for more than one computer, you just need a router. I
>have a DSL modem for sale, an Ascend Pipeline $90 & a Linksys Etherfast
>Cable/DSL Router $25.

You can also get DSL modems + ethernet routers all-in-one for next to
nothing. I picked up a four port router + DSL modem for £40 (~$95) last
year. I imagine you can get the same modem in the more competitive computer
stores in London and T.O. (not the Futureslops or Mostly Macs I suspect ;).
The software interface is the same as a modem that I got with Toronto
FreeNet last May for $175... I haven't bothered to figure out if the
hardware is the same or if they simply bought the interface off the same
supplier. This modem/router is also half the size of that modem.

Eric.

PS What's the price for generic CDs bought at the cheap computer places (or
even Futureslop)? The reason I'm asking is that around here I've seen 100
CD-Rs for £13 (~$30) and I'm wondering if I should bring some back (if CDs
are cheaper here it'll be b/c of the "music" gouge fee that music gougers
(sorry, distributors) have managed to get put on blank CDs in Canada (kind
of strange that the Brits wouldn't do that since they have figured out ways
to put taxes, levees or some other surcharge on _everything_)... I
guesstimate that I'm entitled to 2-3 CD copies/year AT THE VERY LEAST given
the amount of my money that goes into their pockets (what was it,
$0.20/CDR?) (I'm paying musicians for the privilege of backing up my own
documents or creating data CDs???...).

Free yourself from those irritating pop-up ads with MSn Premium. Get 2months
FREE*