[muglo] Re: .exe Viewer?

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 12:40:38 -0400

on 10/4/03 6:53 PM, Joe McGuire at theguy@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> MS just purchased Connectix, makers of VPC, so I wouldn't be sinking any
> cash into it until they confirm what their plans for MS support in the
> future may be.

Supposedly the promise of support is good. With Microserf Office Microsoft's
Mac Business Unit has done wonders so perhaps VPC won't flounder.

The one thing I do fear with Microsoft at the reigns is that they'll code it
to only support recent incarnations of the Windows OS. Microsoft wants it
for the "virtual machine" ability so that they can keep people with Windows
but allow them to run Linux if they want to for specific tasks.

> Doesn't Boche's run on OS X?

Like a dog apparently. Unless Apple gets into Boche I doubt it'll ever be a
viable emulator (when you consider VPC only costs $90 it's well worth the
speed increase (100%?) efficient coding brings) --  but it'd be pretty cool
to be able to run Windoze apps, seamlessly with an Aqua interface (which
would be how Apple'd do it).