[muglo] Re: Voice activation

  • From: Bearkats <bearkats@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 09:41:49 -0500

Susan, I use the speech preferences on the mac regularly.  I use  it to
switch applications, go back and forth in my browser, log me out, get my
mail, get to my online banking page, make stickies, open and close folders,
empty trash, etc.  Just open  Preferences,  Speech, Speech Recognition, then
hit Open Speakable Items.  This will give you a list of speakable items on
your Mac. Also, you can make favourite internet pages as speakable as I did
for Google and OnLine Banking.  If you use WorldBook, it is now speakable
also and will read item to you or do a search for you.

Although I don't need to use it, I love it especially if I'm doing something
else with my hands like writing something at the same time.

Barry A.