[muglo] Re: VPC (was- Re: OS X Upgrade)

  • From: Alex <admeddemda@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 13:12:49 -0400

>PSS Alex -- the reason OS X broke much of VPC's hardware support is that OS
>X reserves a lot of the direct hardware access for itself -- this is why OS
>X is now such a stable OS when compared to that nightmare, OS 9.1/9.2.2/8.6
>(is it more stable than XP Pro?... although, at this stage it doesn't really
>matter... they're both pretty robust OSes by now... Apple has the better
>approach to interacting with users IONSHO (our substituted for my ;)).

you know, I find that OSX crashes (or needs a restart) just as often
as OS9. In fact, programs tend to crash more often than in 9.

Now, it may be bc I have an upgrade chip in the B&W, but I really
dont find X all that stable. Camino crashes all the time. Eudora
quits a lot. Sometimes that forces the whole machine to want to be
restarted.

I reAlly would rather use safari, but the dammed white background bugs me.

plus, I've had _tons_ of problems with classic mode hanging on
startup, crashing, etc.

I am trying to find time to backup files onto cd, and then do a
complete wipe of my HD and reinstall the OS.(es).