[muglo] Re: Time Machine fubar

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 11:08:30 -0500

How old is it? Even with a fancy name and wireless capability, it's still a mechanical hard drive. They usually slow right down before dying. Is it possible or worthwhile to replace the drive?

On Jan 22, 2011, at 11:00 AM, Doug Bale wrote:

Against my expectation, Disk Utility did manage to erase the sulky Time Capsule — which then vanished from the Desktop. Neither Disk Utility nor Time Machine could find any trace of it until I reinstalled its software from DVD and rebuilt its wireless network. Now it's back, and backing up, but at the pace of a geriatric snail.

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx
(519) 474-1253 res.
(519) 860-2725 cell