[muglo] Re: Time Machine fubar

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 19:41:36 -0500

Your backup hard drive is full. If you want to erase and start over, why not use disc utility? It will erase any drive in minutes.

On Jan 20, 2011, at 7:27 PM, Doug Bale wrote:

Time Machine and Time Capsule are still not working. Replacing Time Machine Editor with TimeMachineScheduler was no help. I was trying to restrict Time Machine backups to once every 24 hours, instead of the default interval of one hour. What I've accomplished is to make it APPEAR to back up at random intervals several times a day, without actually doing so. The Time Machine icon shows up in the menu bar and starts to revolve; the Time Capsule icon appears on the Desktop; any other operating programs slow down until these indicators suggest the backup is over (the slowdown was why I wanted the backups less frequently in the first place). However, when I check the Time Capsule, no backup has been made. There has been none since Jan. 5, the day I first installed TimeMachineEditor.

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx
(519) 474-1253 res.
(519) 860-2725 cell