[muglo] Re: Steaming printer

  • From: Barry Takayesu <prestige.print@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 12:02:51 -0400

>Theresa writes
>Turns out the problem is not with the printer - it's moisture in the paper.
>
>They suggested I try a new unopened ream of paper and it did not steam.
>Then I put in the old paper and it steamed. Lesson for me: keep the paper in
>a Rubbermaid container to keep it dry!

Yes, Rubbermaid is good, but failing that, re-wrapping the paper in
its original wrapper and taping it up is good too.

As a commercial printer, we must ensure that our environment is
around 50% humidity. Below 35%, the paper is too dry and causes
static problems (clinging to each other) - and oddly enough something
like Static Cling helps in the machinery. Over 70%, there are other
problems because the paper acts like a sponge.

--
Barry Takayesu
Prestige Print & Graphics