[muglo] Re: Scanners

  • From: Paul Thomas <paul_thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 16:15:30 -0500

I have been using the LIDE 20 for quite a while and found it very
satisfactory using their CanoScan Toolbox X   -  this is the OS X
version downloaded from the Cannon site - you can check it out - the
only problem that I have had is that my OCR software OmniPage 8 SE
(which works fine but runs in Classic mode - to upgrade was to cost
several 100 $ !! ).  Unfortunately the Scanner does not want to work IF
OS 9 is running - so it has to be stopped - not too serious but
annoying!!   But, yes, to summarise, LIDE 20 does run under OS X !!

Paul