[muglo] Re: OS's

  • From: "Tee Cashmore.1" <tee.cashmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 19:31:51 -0400

Payton Cannon wrote:

> Well hello all ... Okay - I recently got an update of the OS X
> operating system. This is a pretty big file - in excess of 600M. It's
> to be installed over OS X. My question is, doesn't this make for a
> very, very large chunk of HD dedicated to the operating system? I
> mean, it seems the update is in additon to the more basic version. I
> haven't installed obviously, and any input on this would be
> appreciated. Thanx and, aloha.

Hi,
    It sort of makes the "minimum 128 megs ram" to run O/S X seem a tad
shy!! Seems like we're going the way of the big blue machines. Mind you
there are those on Delphi.com/macos that claim to have hacked a few bits
of pieces out of X.
    OTOH 600 M may be much less when installed.
TTFN,
TeeC

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>