[muglo] Re: New Macbook

  • From: Gerhard Kuhn <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 17:46:56 -0400

Congratulations and I hope it works well for you.  The magnetic power
connection has saved my Macbook Pro several times from being pulled
off the desk, a feature all laptops should adopt.  The thing that I
am not so sure about with the MacBook is the glossy screen but I am
sure there are as many people that will like it as won't, I noticed
the new iMacs have the glossy screen as well.
Did it come pre-installed with iLife 08?  I can't honestly say that I
like the new version of iMovie, there must be others as Apple has
posted the old version, 06, for free download for those that want to
interface but the lack of a timeline is a step back in movie editing
in my opinion and it also lacks the ability to insert bookmarks into
the movie.  For anyone else interested in getting iMovie 06 back here
is the link
http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/imovieHD6.html

The newest version of iPhoto and iWeb seem to contain worth while
improvements, I have not played with iDVD yet so haven't formed an
opinion yet.

Gerhard