[muglo] New Macbook

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: Muglo <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 17:08:54 -0400

I'm now the proud owner of a new 2.0 Ghz core 2 Duo Macbook;
purchased June 12, 2007, sold to me Thursday, Aug 16. with all
original disks, box etc. It was a deal I just couldn't pass up. I
don't need the ability to run Windoze, but the extra speed sure helps
with Photoshop Elements & i Photo, the 2 programmes I use most. I'm
sure from what I've read that it will help run Pages better too.
The plus side for me is the design changes from my G4 1.5 Ghz
Powerbook. Apple recessed the keyboard so that the top of the keys do
not mark the screen & I much prefer the white keyboard. I also like
the latch, or apparent lack of one, it's much easier to open with an
indentation compared to the push in lock.
The negative side is that it is 1" wider & 0.6 pounds heavier, a
fairly significant issue when one travels by plane.
So far performance is quite noticeable, but time will tell. Just my
initial reaction.
TTFN,   TeeC