[muglo] Re: Editing DVDs Revisitrd

  • From: Paul Thomas <paul_thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 23:03:06 -0400

hi all

After further thoughts and discussion, I have come to the conclusion
that whatever method I use for editing, it is the final encoding that
is going to take the time (even if one uses EyeTV which looked
promising but more costly) which requires a very fast processor and
lots of RAM and even then will probably take about 3 hours to process a
1 hour movie (it was suggested leaving it to be done overnight!) which
means a considerable time for editing a large number of programme
series!!

The final solution (which is not as good) will be to attach a second
DVD Player and re-record using the pause button over the parts to be
edited out!!  Won't be perfect but good enough to eliminate about 95%
of the rubbish!!

Paul