[muglo] Re: Digitizing 35mm Slides

  • From: George Couckuyt <grandbender@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Muglo Mac group <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 10:31:48 -0400

I don’t know how into photography you are Martin but with a light table and a
rigged up rail you can do pretty well too. Macro lens, tubes reverse lens…lots
of tinkering stuff but a phot shop is not that expensive and quick, good
results.
If you do it yourself make sure you check each slide for dust, hairs etc. They
show up big time!

On Sep 11, 2015, at 10:26 AM, Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx> wrote:

George,
Thanks for the info, sounds 'easy'. I haven't started doing my research yet
and thought I would ask Mugloites. The $100 is what I am trying to avoid. I
have the time!!

Martin

On Sep 11, 2015, at 10:23 AM, George Couckuyt <grandbender@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:grandbender@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi Martin,

You can buy a slide digitizer that plugs right into your usb port. You have
to do them individually. You can get them on Ebay for $100 or just have them
done by a service and be done with it!

George

On Sep 11, 2015, at 10:17 AM, Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx
<mailto:max@xxxxxx>> wrote:

To the photogs in the group:

Any advice on how to go about digitizing 35mm slides? I have a number of
trays that I would like to do and then reclaim some space in my apartment.
I anticipate it being a time consuming process however I won't be doing all
of the slides just some of the better pics. I'm anticipating about a couple
hundred 'keepers' out of what I have. I would also like to do it without
spending a lot of money on equipment I'll only be using for this one
project.

Martin