[muglo] Re: Digitizing 35mm Slides

  • From: Frank <mfbmeb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 10:31:23 -0400

I can loan you a tripod for a few days

On Sep 11, 2015, at 10:28 AM, Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx> wrote:

Sounds like my kind of solution - cheap but elegant. Have a Sony Alpha 330
but no tripod (didn't make the move list when I downsized!), easy enough to
remedy tho!

Martin

On Sep 11, 2015, at 10:25 AM, Frank <mfbmeb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I put a white Bristol board on my office wall, set up my projector to get a
full size picture and snapped a picture of each desired sled with my digital
SLR camera on a tripod with a cable release.

Great pictures and easy.

Tried the adaptor on a scanner but each picture took many minutes. Hours and
hours of work.

Hope this helps.

Cheers f

On Sep 11, 2015, at 10:17 AM, Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx> wrote:

To the photogs in the group:

Any advice on how to go about digitizing 35mm slides? I have a number of
trays that I would like to do and then reclaim some space in my apartment.
I anticipate it being a time consuming process however I won't be doing all
of the slides just some of the better pics. I'm anticipating about a couple
hundred 'keepers' out of what I have. I would also like to do it without
spending a lot of money on equipment I'll only be using for this one
project.

Martin