[muglo] Re: Bigmarker video conference

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 10:49:56 -0500

When all else fails, read the directions:
Hi Wayne,

Thank you for your feedback. To enable audio, you have to click on the head set icon next to the web cam icon to join the voice conference bridge. Please let us know if you still have issues with BigMarker. We want you to be happy.

Thank you
Team BigMarker

To test this, I set up my second computer in a conference with my eMac. It's a G4, dual 1.0 GHz. The software is a virtual clone of my eMac, yet it wouldn't log on with Safari. Firefox worked. When I clicked the 'enable microphone', input and output audio was enabled. This is a bit of a misnomer. Duplex conversation was possible with my two computers, but a bit confusing as there is a half-second delay.

I would like to try it again without video to see if the decreased bandwidth helps. I'll set up for 7:00 tonight, same site, but no invitations.

If we can get the screen sharing and audio working with G4s, we can introduce video one at a time until we reach the threshold. The idea being that this may be a way for non-Intel members who can't get to meetings to still benefit.

Wayne Dobson
G4 eMac, 1.42 GHz
2 GHz RAM,Leopard,
Mail, Safari