[muglo] Re: Bigmarker video conference

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:42:01 -0500

If anyone wants to verify their settings, try out a webcam, etc. I will stand by in this test site every night at 7:00.

http://www.bigmarker.com/conferences/attend/16657
The password is: charlie
Remember, you must use a headset or earphones to prevent feedback.
If Safari hangs while trying to log on, try Firefox or Chrome.

All good points Dave. On tonight's demo, we got the audio sorted out. Bigmarker is short on instructions:

- the headset icon turns on mic AND speakers
- then a prompt asks if the server can use your mic and speakers
- you must 'allow' this before your sound can activate
- there is a few second delay and if someone is not on headset, there is feedback. - you don't need a full headset, but at least earbuds so your mic won't transmit the delayed signal
- sound quality is excellent
- my screen share was way too slow to be useful. Garth's was marginally better(forget his cpu speed)
- uploading reference material, pointer, and text chat was great.

The only unresolved question is capacity. If everyone is willing, I will set up the next trial for this Tuesday.

Wayne Dobson
G4 eMac, 1.42 GHz
2 GHz RAM,Leopard,
Mail, Safari