[mswindowsxp] Re: screen colour

  • From: Rene Brehmer <cerberus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 03:59:24 +0200

Try and look for the degauss function ... Sounds like you've may gotten some magnetic disturbance in the monitor. The degauss function resets the magnetic fields inside the picture tube (I do believe we're talking about a CRT monitor?), so the electrons can hit the right spots of color again...

HTH

Rene

At 08.32 05-07-2002 -0400, you wrote:

Hi Chris yes it does have color temp but i have not touched that at all...i
did check the display adapter and it says it is working ok maybe i should
try to do system restore? and yes it has a 3 yr warranty i just got this pc
2 months ago it a dell 4400 w/xp home edtion...thanks for your help
Chris....   carol

-- Rene Brehmer Self-educated programmer and dimwit

Visit my website, Cerberus' Hot Spot
http://www.geocities.com/cerberus_hotdog
Babes and hardware, software & internet references...