[mswindowsxp] Re: XP Home

  • From: Joe Parker <joe.parker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 10:37:25 -0500

Don't feel bad - I always hate to go wading through the MS site too trying=
=20
to find simple answers.

But no, I don't think XP Home will do this. Try this link from a google=20
search (no MS-wading required):
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/gomobile/remotedesktop/de=
fault.asp

>To use Remote Desktop, you need the following:
>=B7       Windows XP Professional installed on your office computer, or=20
>whichever computer you plan to operate remotely. This computer is known as=
=20
>the host.
>=B7       A remote computer running Windows 95 or a more recent version of=
=20
>Windows. This computer is known as the client and it must have the Remote=
=20
>Desktop Connection client software installed.

Just use Netmeeting instead.