[mswindowsxp] Re: Windows Explorer question

  • From: Joe Parker <joeparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 10:22:36 -0500

I would like to change what fields Windows creates when directory is created. I know how to change it once a directory is created, but I would prefer not to have to change it every time I create a new directory.

I don't think there's a separate field for year; it's just a hash that includes the year in a single field.

I know there's a ton of 3rd party software to change folder dates, but the need for same has always escaped me. Why would I want a folder dated some other date than when I created it? Why do you need to do it for every folder you create?

In my own modest music collection, it's never occurred to me to even _look_ at the dates on my folders. What am I missing?