[mswindowsxp] Re: Windows Explorer question

  • From: Joe Parker <joeparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 10:00:28 -0500

If you look at a folder of MP3s (showing details) it will list a bunch of the other stuff that is encoded in the MP3 files (artist, album, year, genre, track number, etc).

Oh! Agreed this is all useless info in an explorer folder. Just click on 'Folders' view in the toolbar. And/or go to Tools>Folder Options and select 'Use Windows classic folders'.

All that info remains where it's needed - in your music player. Well, in theory anyway. I have yet to find a good one with SRS that will properly display my library, and often prefer to use explorer to find an album by name.