[mswindowsxp] Re: Re printer and ghost images

  • From: "Tahlia Thomas" <tahlia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 12:28:17 -0500

The network print queue change can happen from an XP box if the locally
logged-in user has print administrator rights (in a 2000/AD environment). We
log in as local admin only (no network rights) for most client repairs
because we kept running into issues like this.

I have no comment on the other issue because we use Altiris RapidDeploy, and
haven't had any printing problems.