[mswindowsxp] MSN Problem.

  • From: Ted Cotton <tabcot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 08:24:12 +1300

Hi, All.
I set up the MSN program which came with my XP OS and later I downloaded and
set up MSN ( Version 6.1). I'm fairly sure I didn't create another passport,
though. The programme is working perfectly.

In MSN -> Tools -> Options -> General, I have unchecked the box to
"Automatically run Messenger when I log on to Windows" and unchecked the box to
"Allow automatic sign in when connected to the internet".

Okay, my question: I go "Online" and double-click the MSM icon. (The bubble
window says I am not signed in)  I then sign in. A pop-up message then appears
saying "You have been signed out of messenger because you have signed in at
another location. Click here" I ignore the message, but still remain signed in.
I haven't signed on anywhere else.

In the "Stored user names and Passwords" box I found two entries:
Passport.net\* (Passport) and tabcot@xxxxxxx which is my mail address. I
deleted both of them, but it didn't fix my problem.

What have I done wrong?

Thanx in advance

Regards,

Ted.