[mswindowsxp] Re: MSN Problem.

  • From: "Serdar Yegulalp" <thegline@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 10:43:17 -0500

> Windows XP and MSN Messenger will still need to use Windows
> Messenger from time to time. It is important to understand
> that MSN Messenger for XP gets its remote assistance
> capabilities from Windows Messenger, which means that Windows
> Messenger MUST NOT be removed, and if it is, remote
> assistance will not work.

I'd like to hear more about this if I could.  I know that I have been asked
my a number of people how to deinstall MSN Messenger completely from their
systems -- there is a way to do it, and it's more involved than simply
removing access to the program through Set Program Access and Defaults.  So
if I do this, then Remote Assistance will not work at all?

Serdar Yegulalp
Editor, Windows 2000 Power Users Newsletter
http://www.win2kpowerusers.com/