[mswindowsxp] Re: Adminpak for administering a win2k server from win xp??

  • From: Ruud Bransen <rb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:03:29 +0100

Hi Sorin,

I just received my Windows Tips and Tricks and is had this one in the Q&A:

Q. Why do I receive an error when I attempt to run the Windows .NET Server
(Win.NET Server) 2003 Administration Tools under Windows XP?

A. Win.NET Server includes several updated XP files, including dsprop.dll.
The Administration Tools require the Win.NET Server version of this file
because the base XP version doesn't contain necessary functions. XP Service
Pack 1 (SP1) contains the Win.NET Server version of the file, so you must
install XP SP1 before you attempt to install the Win.NET Server
Administration Tools under XP. You can download the Administration Tools at
http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/2/b/52bbe553-bae6-41e0-a82d-30d3014
5c1ee/rc2-adminpak.exe .

Regards,

Ruud Bransen