[mswindowsxp] Re: Adminpak for administering a win2k server from win xp??

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 13:26:11 +0100

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 04:21:10 -0800 (PST), Roaming Free wrote:

>Computer management in control panel works from XP pro
>typically fine.

No it doesn't. I need to add snap-ins to a mmc for managing dhcp,
wins, ad users and computers etc on a win2k server from a win xp
workstation. When choosing add/remove snapins in the new mmc, I
can't see any admin tools in the add standalone snap-in, usually
found in the adminpak. See the problem?

>Now do you have one for linux?

Nope. I don't use linux... 8-)

>--- Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Can somebody pls tell me where I can find the
>> Adminpak for
>> administering a win2k server from win xp?? The only
>> ones I can find
>> are betas (beta3) and can't be dled from MS... What
>> to do??
>>
>> This is really urgent... 8-/

Best Wishes,
                  Sorin
http://surf.to/mjukisdata
Still a Proud Member of TEAM OS/2.
Mountainbiker [Kona Kilauea - Member of Equipe Les Cafards VTT]
MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, A+ [Knowledge = Power!]
Please mail me for my public PGP key.