[mswindowsxp] Re: Adminpak for administering a win2k server f rom win xp??

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:09:06 +0100

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:03:29 +0100, Ruud Bransen wrote:

>I just received my Windows Tips and Tricks and is had this one in the Q&A:
>
>Q. Why do I receive an error when I attempt to run the Windows .NET Server
>(Win.NET Server) 2003 Administration Tools under Windows XP?
>
>A. Win.NET Server includes several updated XP files, including dsprop.dll.
>The Administration Tools require the Win.NET Server version of this file
>because the base XP version doesn't contain necessary functions. XP Service
>Pack 1 (SP1) contains the Win.NET Server version of the file, so you must
>install XP SP1 before you attempt to install the Win.NET Server
>Administration Tools under XP. You can download the Administration Tools at
>http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/2/b/52bbe553-bae6-41e0-a82d-30d3014
>5c1ee/rc2-adminpak.exe .

Already saw it, but thx anyway. The link you sent me for adminpak
rc2 worked and I dled the package. I'm currently adding new
snap-ins to the new toolbox. It works Thx!

Best Wishes,
                  Sorin
http://surf.to/mjukisdata
Still a Proud Member of TEAM OS/2.
Mountainbiker [Kona Kilauea - Member of Equipe Les Cafards VTT]
MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, A+ [Knowledge = Power!]
Please mail me for my public PGP key.