[mswindowsxp] Re: Adminpak for administering a win2k server from win xp??

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 13:45:06 +0100

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 04:40:02 -0800 (PST), Roaming Free wrote:

>Is this one of the new admin packs only pushed on CD.

It might be. The only ones availble are in the obscure corners of
the 'net and are beta3 ripped from .net server rc-releases.
Unfortunately theose adminpaks don't work with windows xp sp1.

>GRRR corporations.
>Sorry I can't help you there.

G@dammit, how did microsoft intend sysadmins to administer win2k
servers and AD from xp-workstations??! Sorry, I'm not irrritated
with you, just MS...

>Like I said... Linux.

Keep dreaming. 8-)

Thx anyway.

>--- Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 04:21:10 -0800 (PST), Roaming
>> Free wrote:
>>
>> >Computer management in control panel works from XP
>> pro
>> >typically fine.
>>
>> No it doesn't. I need to add snap-ins to a mmc for
>> managing dhcp,
>> wins, ad users and computers etc on a win2k server
>> from a win xp
>> workstation. When choosing add/remove snapins in the
>> new mmc, I
>> can't see any admin tools in the add standalone
>> snap-in, usually
>> found in the adminpak. See the problem?
>>
>> >Now do you have one for linux?
>>
>> Nope. I don't use linux... 8-)

>> only
>> What

Best Wishes,
                  Sorin
http://surf.to/mjukisdata
Still a Proud Member of TEAM OS/2.
Mountainbiker [Kona Kilauea - Member of Equipe Les Cafards VTT]
MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, A+ [Knowledge = Power!]
Please mail me for my public PGP key.