[moneytalks] Re: REQUEST FOR FIX

  • From: "Steve Zielinski" <steveziel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 08:44:18 -0500

Rob,

Could an option be placed such that a person can choose to have categories
which are the same and also involve both credits and debits tallied up in the
ctrl-b option dialog.  For instance.
A credit/debit summary, ctrl-b might look like this:

Credits:

Ian)
       25.00 total
           1 item

Debits:

Ian
      107.00 total
           1 item

Credit Total: 25.00
Debit Total: 107.00
Net Total for Ian: -82.00

Then the report could move on to the next payee/payer name, only giving a net
total if the same category were used and that payee/payer had both credits and
debits associated with it.

The program wouldn't do a net total for the payee/payer unless the same
category item were used for both credits and debits to that person.

And this option could be allowed or disallowed through a checkbox item in the
preferences, or where ever you currently have that type of choice right now, I
can't recall.

Best,
Steve