[moneytalks] Re: Printing Cheques

  • From: "slery" <slerythema@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 12:53:43 -0400

I've had to move my computer because of some issues in our basement.  I
started out using my old HP 722C and it did have an envelope slot.  Believe
me, those are easier to use.  I have had to move upstairs and share my
father's networked HP 3200 all-in-one.  It does not have an envelope tray
and uses the main tray by pulling the paper and sliding the feed bars in.  I
will tell you that I have had problems with this method in that the feed
bars do not go down far enough to make the check snug in place.  You will
need to be very careful and make sure that the check is lined up exactly and
that it stays in place when you slide the tray in.

Other than that, I have not had any problems about paper size.
Occasionally, I have succeeded in getting it to use the photo tray (where
4x6 paper will go) and that seems to work out better for the alignment but
it is always a fight to get MT and the printer to agree that that is the
tray I want to use because it wants to kick back to the main default tray.

Good luck and know that it can be done.  You may try telling your printer
(not with MT but in the printer properties) that it is a different size than
what it actually is.

Cindy