[modeleng] Re: Valve Problem

  • From: <bede@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 09:07:28 -0400

Thanks all for your responses on this.

I put the engine up on blocks and got the boiler up to working pressure
on air.  When I open the reg, the air whooshes out the blast pipe, BUT,
the wheels do spin feebly about 10 or 15 revs before the pressure dies.

So maybe the valves are seating and it's something else?  Or one valve
is unseated and the other is doing the work? or could this be piston
ring issues?  That would be more incremental it seems, and this problem
occurred all at once.

Any further thoughts as to what to look for as I begin to strip the loco
down?

Thanks as always,

Bede