[modeleng] Re: Valve Problem

  • From: "I.D.PRIEST." <idpriest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 16:48:52 +0100

Peter,

Maybe the valve stem is either bent upwards or maybe the hole in the steam
chest where the spindle travels through is slightly high precluding the
valve from seating properly.  A mate of mine had the same problem with a
super simplex and that is what we found was the casue of all the trouble.

Regards,
IDP

sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other,
body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a
Ride!"

"Never drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly"

Priest & Sons Model Engineers
http://www.kinvermes.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/p1.htm