[modeleng] Re: Thoughts on future projects....

  • From: "Wilfried Vermeiren" <vermeiren.wilfried@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 18:01:06 +0100

Hi,
A good place to look for a suitable boat, homebuilt, is the following web
page  http://www.duckworksmagazine.com
Its part an online store and part free. But it has in the plan section with
nearly all the wooden boat designers in a row. I know there are a few which
have drawings for a boat which splits in half or folds up. Might be a wee
bit smaller as you requested but the idea might be useful. Just an example,
http://www.duckworksbbs.com/plans/benjamin/stasha/index.htm
Just a thought you need a backbone, keel, for the boat . So why not use the
engine/boiler assembly base as a fixed unit and slide the bow and stern
piece over this. Joining them somewhere in the middle of the engine set.
Regards
Wilfried Vermeiren
http://users.skynet.be/modelbouw.wilfried