[modeleng] Nutool drill

  • From: Chris Crosskey <chris.crosskey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 08:27:32 +0000

Hi folks... I have a new toy... it's a 20-odd year old Nutool floor-standing
pillar drill, Morse taper 4, 32mm drill capacity, 12 speed 170-3000rpm and
currently has a 240V 2HP motor on it.

Couple of faults, the motor adjustment rails seem jammed, and it's missing its
table.... If anyone has a table for a pillar drill with a 3 5/8" (or
thereabouts) column and an 11" throat depth then I'd be happy to negotiate for
it, and anyone with any experience of the drill slides on these things  I'd
welcome advice... There are two butterfly screws that lock the rails and some
sort of handle just in front of them.... the rails are pretty rusty though and
that might be most of the problem.... I plan on stripping it down to give it a
clean as the return spring seems a bit lazy despite we tightening it up a bit,
and I want to sort out the wiring cos it's a bit manky too....

If anyone near Oxford/Swindon is interested in swapping the motor for an
equivalent 3-phase I'd be happy to do a straight swap as I have a spare
inverter kicking around and it would increase the already impressive speed
range...

Cost me 69 quid and a bit of a magical mystery tour out near Much Wenlock

chrisc