[modeleng] Re: Mill/Drill

  • From: "Pendragon" <idpriest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 22:18:21 +0100

John,

I believe this machine is similar to those sold by other companies dealing
with Chinese type imports.  I have owned one for about 14 years and to a
point its okay but has limitations.

If its what I'm thinking it is there is no knee and the table has no rise
and fall.  The milling head slides up and down on a round column which is a
drawback.

I now have a Tom Senior mill [which I paid 69 pounds for and its in mint
condition just happened to be in the right place at the right time] even so
given its limitations I'd be loathed to part with RF 30 type machine.

Regards IP

sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other,
body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a
Ride!"

"Never drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly"

Priest & Sons Model Engineers
http://www.kinvermes.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/p1.htm