[modeleng] Melting and Forging

  • From: "Peter J. Cathcart" <peter.cathcart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 23:40:16 +0100

Jeff

Sounds very interesting.  Tel sent me some pics of his forge.  What an
inventive Yak milk drinker he is!  He used an old gas bottle as his base
unit.  A little ingenuity goes a long way.

As my projects develop I am really beginning to realise how useful it is to
have a first class melting and forging facility so it would be great to see
the results of your labour.

Peter Cathcart
Farnham Common
Bucks

Had excellent success this weekend with building a simple large gas burner
to the Bob Reil design for melting and forging. I'll try to get some pix of
it working on to TEL's site. Unbelievably simple and lots of heat using
propane. For a 3/8" steel rod, from cold to red heat in 10 seconds.

Cheers, Jeff Dayman Waterloo Ontario Canada