[modeleng] Melting Down - Smelting

  • From: "Peter J. Cathcart" <peter.cathcart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 20:58:14 +0100

Tel and all

Your comment below struck a cord.  I just missed a small smelter on eBay
yesterday (sorry Tel, nearly spent money).  I have wanted a small smelting
device for some time.  Lead, copper and brass probably figure most in terms
of what I would use it for.  Trying to find a suitable device however is not
so easy.

So how does everyone out there deal with smelting?  What devices are
available?  What problems arise?

Peter

--------
You should get a few bits n pieces worth saving and a bit of aluminium for
melting down,