[modeleng] Re: Krackle finish paint

  • From: Sehwuk@xxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 17:27:07 EST

Hello John

    Have you tried, believe it or not, an MG  dealer/spares department. They
sell crackle finish paint in spray cans. This is  for people to re-furbish
dash panels on the older MGs'. I must admit I've never  tried it so can't vouch
for the finish. Alternatively try _www.Frost.co.uk_ (http://www.Frost.co.uk)
They do a wonderful  range of paints and goodies for all types of restoration
work (mainly cars  and bikes).
    Hope this helps
Regards
    Steve

john.burridge@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Hi to  all,
Please does anyone know how they get the krackle finish on engineering  tools
as i would like to do this type of finish?

BTW I had my copy of  MEW(112) the other day but still waiting for the two
copies 110 and 111 that  they havn't sent me even though i have rung them
twice,I waited the ten days  that they said it would take then i re-rung to no
avail

yours John  Burridge

P.S. The family and i are visiting AUS and possiblly NZ in  August and wonder
where some of the list member may  live.

MODEL ENGINEERING DISCUSSION LIST.

To  UNSUBSCRIBE from this list, send a blank email to,