[modeleng] Re: Krackle finish paint

  • From: john.burridge@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 10:49:49 +0100 (CET)

Hi to all,
Thanks for information about crackle finish paints, i will look up the leads.

When i was apprentice at land Rover there was a special paint shop we could
send components to have different finishes applied,at that time LR had
seventeen plants around Birmingham that fed Solihull the assembly plant with
all the different components for their vehicles and if you couldn't get a
process done at one plant there was always one of the other unfortunatly that
has all gone for me, at work at the moment i can have most thing done or sent
away to be done in the way of a haet treatment of surface treatment applied
like Tecvac(Titanium Nittride)or say a carbide surface coating of layer put on
to a Titanium shaft or chrome plating or a plastic or paint finish, but at the
moment we have found it difficult with the companies that we use to have a
crackle finish.

Hopefully you have all answered the question.

Alan thanks for the link on to the current Chris Heapy's pages.

yours John Burridge