[modeleng] Re: Donnington

  • From: Garry60030@xxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 18:14:42 EDT

Hello Brian,  I agree totally with what you say about the stands being there
till closing time.  It is very annoying when you have paid, especially £8.50
and I think you should have commented to some of the supervisors there.  The
same thing happens at model railway shows on the last day when sometimes a
layout only has one train on the whole layout and everything else has been
packed
away an hour or two earlier.  I used to have a large 60' x 12' O gauge layout
with about 40 locos on but I used to tell my operators everthing stays on until
the end.  We never got away before about 8pm but nobody could say they were
cheated.  I was once operating a layout at a show and the people next to me had
GONE an hour before the show closed.  When these trders etc agree to go they
know times etc and it is just bad manners on their part.
Garry