[modeleng] Donnington

  • From: "Clif Walker" <clif.gwr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:10:04 +0100

Hi All,
Having made the journey up from Penzance to the Donnington Show I must say that
I was not impressed and in fact only spent just over three hours at the show.
I thought that it was very "lack luster" and the £8.50 admission charge way
over the top.
Not a very interesting range of models which showed as I only took one photo
and that was of a loco under construction which was going to have a very nice
Backhead.
I heard on the grapevine that many larger models were not taken to the show as
for most people in meant taking a day off work and TEE would not pay any
expenses
I think that the high costs of trade stands also was obvious from the way that
on the machinery stands the equipment was crammed in.It was also noticable that
most companies that were there, had stands about a half of their normal size.
The car park was exciting on Wednesday as because of the amount of rain it had
turned into a sort of brown liquid swamp.
Met a few friends but had no contacts from my @ badge.
I will not bother again and shall stick to the Harrogate Show which I think is
still the best even if it is about 150 miles further on.

Regards

Clif