[modeleng] Re: Donington

  • From: "alanjstepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:59:32 +0100

Glad I was not the only one with aching legs!

Yes, the LBSC book is fascinating. I was pleased to see that Camden had
re-published it.

As you say, his designs are still popular, and rightly so. They work well
(most of them do, and yes, he did produce some duds), and are simple to
build.

As for his boilers, the idea of soft solder caulking is hardly likely to be
met with favour by today's boiler inspectors!
I feel sure that the basic designs are OK though, but if building any of the
less common engines, I would check with your clubs boiler inspectors first.
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering, Steam Engine, and Railway technical pages.